Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Surfing the Web at work

This will be my first post, so please bear with me (thanks mom).

As we all know, perusing the internet at work is a daily luxury most of seem to enjoy. I'd say personally I am surfing the internet at least half of my scheduled work day. I always wondered if all of the other "professionals" around me are doing the same. They always seems so busy on the phone complaining about work, while I'm sitting there reading why Guy Richie and Maddona are getting divorced. So I have decided to do a study case at work. I've decided to leave my Corner office (two cubicles together) a little less quietly (like a ninja) because I know when I hear the pitter-patter of feet heading towards me, I scramble to minimize whatever it is I am looking at. 90% of the time I minimize the window unscaved... Occasionally, you have the quick footed anti-surfer that creeps up on you before you can hide your fantasy football standings. So then, you try to make full eye contact with them the whole time, praying they aren't going to look at your screen. Deep down inside you know they saw it...Since I began my case study, I have noticed that everyone is surfing the internet. When people don't know that your coming, it makes a big difference in minimizing tactics. There are several different techniques people use when its time to minimize. I noticed a lot of peeking over the top of the cubicle walls just enough so you can only see their eyes. (I guess they forgot about the rest of their head). The "go to" move is turning your head slightly and peeking over the shoulder. Which are moves that I use on a daily basis. My favorite was when someone at work clicked on the tab that had our company website. But my 20/20 peeped the coach bags be for she could tab over...Needless to say, my case study has proven that everyone is surfing the internet and just when you think you minimized fast enough, you didn't.......

2 comments:

Shorty said...

Forgetting for the moment the spelling & grammar lessons that Wilcox neglicted to provide you (Deez suffers from the same things), I must admit that your initial post wasn't terrible...let me know what you need help with...

Sincerely,
The Creator

Shorty said...

or neglected...either or...